Grow Your WordPress Business With Hands-Free WordPress Client Training
Are you a WordPress website developer? Learn how to save valuable time training your clients to use their websites more effectively and grow your business with hands-free WordPress client training.
"Learning WordPress has been a huge stumbling block for me. I've been looking for something that covers absolutely everything but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Thank you so much ... you have just provided me with what I have been looking for! Truly appreciated!" - Tanya
You’ve built an amazing website for a new client using WordPress. You’ve invoiced them for the work, given them their login details, and spent an hour or two showing them inside the dashboard and how to add content to their site, then left them with a “Quick Start” PDF guide and access to some video tutorials.
Congrats…the project is completed!
Just as you are ready to focus on getting your next client, your start receiving emails, texts, and phone calls from your previous client. They have some “quick questions” and need immediate help.
“How do you…, where is the…, can my website do this…, why can’t I do that…, can you just show me how to…”
This happens with every new client you take on. Instead of growing a business that will free up your time and give you the life you have envisioned, you’re becoming bogged down with time-consuming tasks like replying to emails and texts, calling them back to answer questions and explain things, setting up zoom calls to show them how to get things done.
You’re becoming less of a service provider and more of a client nanny.
Even if you charge clients for help and support, you’re still spending way more time helping them than you’re getting paid for.
You’re also missing out on new opportunities to grow your business, especially if you run a small web development business or work as a freelance website developer. Your time and resources are limited but your clients’ needs multiply exponentially. You can only grow your business so far before it swallows up all of your time and energy.
But…what happened to the training you gave them and the “Quick Start” PDF guide and video tutorials you left them with after handing them their website? Why not refer your clients to those resources when they have questions, need help, or are feeling stuck?
Well, you tried, but those resources only seemed to make your clients feel more confused and ask even more questions, taking up even more of your valuable time.
- “Your guide doesn’t have the information I’m looking for.”
- “Your guide doesn’t explain the feature I’m trying to use.”
- “The screenshots/instructions don’t match what I’m looking at inside my dashboard.”
- “I don’t understand some of the technical stuff in your manual.”
- “I don’t know what I need to do first here…the information is not as step-by-step as it should be.”
- “I don’t know which video contains the information I’m looking for and I don’t have time to sift through them all.”
- “I clicked on the link and it went to an error page.”
- “I don’t know where to go to get this thing done. It shouldn’t be this hard.”
- “I can’t do this unless I set up an account with XYZ. How do I set this up?”
- And on and on…
As we explain in an article addressing the challenges of training users to use WordPress, if your training content and resources lack proper planning and these are not comprehensive, meticulously detailed, extensively documented, and updated regularly, your clients will struggle to use their WordPress sites. They will start pestering you for “quick” answers (which often require long and detailed explanations) and need your help and handholding every step of the way because, for most non-technical end-users, WordPress is not easy to use.
You only have a very limited amount of time, energy, and resources to invest in supporting your existing clients. If you’d rather free up your valuable time and focus your energy and resources on growing your business instead of being a full-time client nanny, then you will need to implement a “hands-free” client training system into your business.
Let me show you what this looks like and how a “hands-free” client training system will help you grow your WordPress business.
How To Train Your WordPress Clients “Hands-Free” With WPTrainingManual.com
If you provide WordPress services (e.g. website developer), you can set up a “hands-free” client training program with WPTrainingManual.com that will save your business valuable time, free up your resources, turn your existing clients into loyal lifelong customers, and allow you to spend more time focusing on finding and servicing new clients.
Note: This article provides an overview of WPTrainingManual.com’s hands-free WordPress client training setup. For a more detailed walkthrough on how to use the system to train your clients, see our article on how to sell more WordPress services and save time training clients. Also, go here to learn about the benefits of using our hands-free WordPress client training.
The Goal: Leverage and Automation
In order to provide your clients with “hands-free” training, you need the following:
- Comprehensive, step-by-step detailed content and documentation covering everything that your clients need to know to use their WordPress websites effectively. All content must be practical, relevant, and user-friendly, and be written, presented, and explained in a way that non-techies can easily understand.
- A system to keep training content and documentation regularly updated.
- A central location where your clients can easily access and/or download your training content and documentation.
- An onboarding process that will guide your clients on where to access all the information they need and how to use the training content and documentation effectively.
Let’s put the system described above into a flowchart:
Step 1 – Set Up New Client Account
When a new client joins your business, you set up an account giving them access to the client member’s area.
This is where your clients will be able to log in at any time and access or download their training content and documentation.
Once you have set up a new client account, the next step is to organize a time with your client for the onboarding process.
Step 2 – Client Onboarding
The client onboarding process is NOT your typical “get started” client training session.
The goal is not to cram a ton of information in an hour or two and try and teach your clients everything they need to know about using their new WordPress site, as this will only confuse, overwhelm, and paralyze them. You don’t have the time to teach your clients everything they need or want to know and they won’t have the mental capacity to absorb it all during this session.
The goal of the onboarding process is to EMPOWER your clients to find the information they need, when they need it, by themselves.
This way, they won’t constantly email, text, or call you whenever they need help or answers.
The client onboarding process is like the proverbial “give someone a fish and you feed them for a day, teach them how to fish and you feed them for a lifetime.” It eliminates the problem of becoming a handholding client nanny as discussed earlier.
This step will save you countless hours, free up your valuable time, and allow you to scale your business. You can onboard your clients remotely or face-to-face. You can onboard clients individually or as a team. And this process won’t deplete you of your energy and resources or overwhelm and confuse your clients.
During the client onboarding process, you simply:
- Confirm that your client’s account has been set up properly and show them how to access and log into the member’s area.
- Confirm/help enroll your client in the onboarding email training. These are emails you will have added to your auto-responder to guide your clients through their “quick-start” online tutorials. Note: We provide you with the customizable emails you will need for this step. We also host and maintain the “quick-start” online tutorials updated.
- Confirm/help enroll your client in the video tutorials and email courses. We host the video tutorials on a separate site and provide comprehensive email courses on content creation and advanced WordPress user tips delivered regularly to their inbox (also available as downloadable guides) via our autoresponder service.
- Give your client a tour of the member’s area. Show them how to access/download all the training content and documentation.
- Show your client how to use the step-by-step training and documentation in the downloadable WordPress User Manual, online tutorials, and video tutorials to learn how to use their websites. Here is where you show your client how to log into their site, but instead of trying to explain what all the features, screens, and buttons do, you simply show them how this is all explained and covered in complete step-by-step detail in their training content and documentation.
As you can see, the above steps focus on training your clients how to use the training system to access information that will help them learn how to use their websites.
The onboarding process, then, is not about learning content, it’s about providing your clients with the context for learning.
Simply plug your clients into the training system and they will be guided through the entire training process. We provide a Client Training Guide with step-by-step instructions and customizable “quick-start” emails to help you set everything up.
Step 3 – Client Support
Will your clients stop asking you for help and answers once they’re plugged into the training system?
Probably not. Some of your clients may still feel that it’s just easier to fire off an email, text, or make a call when they have questions or need help.
This, however, is where a “hands-free” client training system becomes vitally important for your business to grow.
Instead of dropping whatever it is you are doing to reply, answer, explain, or do for them what they could and should be doing for themselves, you simply refer them back to the training content and documentation.
It’s as simple as that.
If you charge hourly for providing clients with support, you can just refer them to the section of the manual, online tutorial, video lesson, or any of the other resources we provide and let them know that everything is covered in step-by-step detail there.
You can then let them know that they will save money doing this (i.e. you are not charging them) and that if they still have any questions or need help after referring to the tutorial or training documentation, then you will be glad to help them (and charge them for it).
Referring clients back to the training documentation eliminates dependencies and distractions that would otherwise consume a lot of your time while empowering your clients and saving them money. This is a more efficient and effective way to use your time and to provide excellent client support.
WPTrainingManual.com Is Hands Down The Best Hands-Free WordPress Client Training Available
If you provide WordPress services (e.g. website development), training and empowering clients to use their WordPress websites effectively is vitally important. It not only benefits your client greatly but it can also help your business stand out from the competition, save you valuable time, and allow you to scale your business to the next level.
You can try and create all of the training content, documentation, systems, and onboarding processes yourself, or simply use WPTrainingManual.com’s “hands-free” WordPress client training and get on with your business.
Our rebrandable WordPress User Manual provides everything you need to train your clients.
Learn More About WPTrainingManual.com
- See what’s included in the “hands-free” WordPress client training package
- Learn about the benefits of using WPTrainingManual.com to train your clients
- Learn how to set your WordPress business apart from the competition using our WordPress client training product
- Learn how to sell more WordPress services and save time training your clients
- Learn how to train your clients remotely
- Learn how to start a WordPress training business working from home
- Learn ways to profit with WPTrainingManual.com’s WordPress client training
"Your training is the best in the world! It is simple, yet detailed, direct, understandable, memorable, and complete." Andrea Adams, FinancialJourney.org